Labels

Friday, July 14, 2017

How To Wear Yellow

Yellow is such a cheerful color, so full of sunshine and thoughts of warm weather and happiness, but yellow doesn't lend itself to just any one. No, not at all. Yellow is for those of us who have warm skin tones. It just doesn't look as happy on those with cooler tones, in fact yellow can actually make you look unwell.
I am among those blessed to be able to drape myself in most colors of the rainbow, yellow included. There is a secret to it though. I have been known to wear yellow from head to toe without looking as if it is overdone. Yes, there is a sweet little secret to wearing this brilliant hue, and I am sharing it today.
Look at the collection below.

This Is What I Am Wearing Today 7/14/17



Notice That the top is slightly brighter than the pants. When wearing all-over yellow, wear different yet complimentary shades. I recently made a Goodwill haul in which I pounced upon a pair of pale yellow jeans. Immediately I began searching for a complimentary top in a brighter shade. Once my beauties were home, I mixed them with pieces that I already had to pull it all together.
Gold jewelry is also for the warm tones in the skin, so I used simple pieces like hoop earrings and a pendant necklace. I also added a simply styled messenger bag in a caramel colored leather and sunglasses that compliment the bag. I chose simple, yet elegant shoes in cream (although I have white shoes in the image), to finish the set.
This is an actual outfit that I wear, not just something I put together on Polyvore.com . I wanted to show everyone that thrift store shopping can be elegant, as well as inexpensive. I believe that the pants and top cost me less than $10. The accessories were also purchased at a thrift store so long ago that I can't recall how much I paid. This stands as a reminder that when Timeless pieces are purchased, they will still be fashionable years from now. Happy thrifting Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment